Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Final Blow

So tonight I'm going to try to ace the two un-addressed prompts.

Ready Go!


I take it back, I'm just not interested in doing those prompts anymore, I have thought about the set of five for too long and have grown great with boredom. I think I'll just write whatever sort of poem I want, I've been jotting down random phrases and nothing certain thoughts in my various classes, and I do believe I shall attempt to utilize them. Here they are, unedited for your viewing pleasure:

lots of disturbance of soil
not much stratification
thin soil

You can tell from the
isotopes in your teeth
where you come from

A Rational Planet

Reading the Land

the earth grows thinner
as we near the edge
of heaven and hell and earth

Human

We are Human enough

I measure with my tongue
the length and breadth
of this cavernous language

Now, let's see if we can do anything with that.



He is human enough, measuring with tongue
the length and breadth of some rational planet

reading the land as the earth grows thin,
near the edge, by heaven and hell this thin
soil, not much stratified, disturbed

salivary shapes murk the thin isotopes
of his teeth, enamel geography,
from the crushed bicuspid they extract
a place of paleolithic origin

where you are from, human

(thin) enough

No comments: