Friday, January 11, 2008

New Work Again

So, the last original poem post-under-time-pressure worked out so well that I thought I'd try it again. This is good for me in a variety of ways. First of all, I think the time pressure and different input format (the funny little blog editing tool) forces me into a different mode of thought. Secondly, the reason behind these increased updates is to force me to be more regular, consistent, etc, in my creative writing. This seems to be the purest form of that. Also, the introspective nature of this diary-like thing that is a blog changes the mindset of my work. All-in-all it's interesting to be working with new things and it should be . Anyway, without further ado:

Etched with sharp shards.
flint knife grates in hasty furrows
marks its place and tracks tracks
that twist and scrape the secret simple name

glass flows slowly- time tugs, contorts
and lengthens, lowers the watchword
the crisp ice of fallen frost forms in webs
catches on lingering letter's ledges

finally faded, the thick bottom bulge of
many centuries sitting shows a single twisted
syllable, long gone wrong, beyond the carver's reach

No comments: