Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prompts

So, I got a new set of prompts from my Advanced Poetry Writing class and since I'm all for sharing prompts I'll share these.

1. Write a poem based on email spam

2. Find a person with your name on the Internet and write a poem about that person or using that person as your persona.

3. Do a google search for a combination of words and write a poem based on the text that comes up in your search results.

4. Go into a space (either virtual - a web site, a book - or real - such as a supermarket or some store of some sort) and use the language you find there to write your own poem. (Like in Mullen's example)

5. Write a poem that is "distracted."

Personally I think that many of these could prove very fruitful. I'm going to take a hack at them if I can, my progress will be posted as per usual

No comments: